Tuesday, October 6, 2015

A Trip to the East Coast





A few weeks ago my husband and I took a vacation to Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket.  I've always wanted to visit the island and we were fortunate to have sunny warm days while we were there.

We stayed with friends on the 'Vineyard' who were great tour guides.  Each day we'd pass homes with picket fences and beautiful gardens which were so charming that I'd have to say "Stop- let's get a picture of this!"  My favorite was a stunning Cape Cod - with  grey cedar shingles, a pitched roof, French doors, windows boxes overflowing with flowers and lovely gardens.  Oh if only I could build one like that!

My other favorite home was in Edgartown - where we could see a collection of cobalt blue glassware mounted in the upper windows of the cottage.  It was just captivating.  We kept trying to figure out how the owner mounted each piece into the display.  Hmm - I wonder if I should think about this for displaying my collection of blue and white ware in my office windows.  But then who would ever see it - since we live at the top of a hill in the woods!?  It would be my own private joy to contemplate every day.
The trip was short but a much needed get-away and we'd highly recommend it as a destination.
But now it's time to concentrate on designing once again  and working on the next collection.
Stay tuned and stay in touch.



4 comments:

  1. Nice blog, The points which are included in this blog are really very informative for me. Thanks a lot for sharing. See This

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of you. Thanks.Tips and Tricks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your posts, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the excellent work. Travel and Tours

    ReplyDelete
  4. After registration is complete, just log in and enter your search. There are several links which will tell India visa holders about trains running between two stations india business visa

    ReplyDelete